MOIRANG COLLEGE, MOIRANG
Waste management policy
A waste management committee (WMC) of Moirang College has been came into existence from 14th February 2018 under the chairmanship of the Principal, Moirang college. The committee is constituted with the following members.
- K. Anand Singh, Principal, Moirang College Chairman
- Joy Singh, Assoc. Prof. Co-Ordinator
- Joy Singh, Assoc. Prof. Member
- Azad Singh, Asst. Prof. Member
- Kiranjit Singh, Asst. Prof. Member
The committee realized sustainable and holistic waste management essentials in reducing its environmental hazards and providing a safe and healthy environment for teaching and non-teaching staff, students and visitors.
The college has a responsibility to ensure all the campus wastes are disposed of by using proper waste segregation mechanism at the source and if possible, converting it into value added environment friendly product by starting compost pit for the management of degradable waste from the college campus. Furthermore, the chemicals and other hazardous waste should be disposed with the help of Moirang Municipal Council.
Policy objectives: The objectives of this policy are:
- To minimize waste generation at source, reuse and recycling over the disposal of wastes in a cost-effective manner.
- To provide clearly defined rules and responsibilities to identify and coordinate each activity of the waste management.
- To promote environmental awareness in order to increase and encourage waste minimization, reuse and recycling.
- To promote holistic approach of waste management in the campus.
Organization and management:
The responsibilities and organizational arrangement for their waste management policy lies with all the stakeholders of teaching, non-teaching staffs and students within the college.
- Principal Chairman
- Coordinator (WMC) Member secretary
- All HoDs Member
Functions of advisory board:
Main function of advisory board is to make a conducive atmosphere by coordinating among the staff members, students of the college and Municipal Council who dealt with the disposal of solid waste.