MOIRANG COLLEGE, MOIRANG
Mentoring system of an institution is a strategy/method to take care of a group of students by a teacher (Mentor) by providing the needs of the students viz. educational support, emotional support and instrumental support to achieve their goals. The mentoring system of Moirang College is well defined and structured strategy for holistic development of the students in conformity with their aspirations. IQAC, Moirang College has constructed “Mentoring committee” to streamline and monitor the mentoring activities.
FUNCTIONS OF MENTORING COMMITTEE
- to monitor and streamline the mentoring activities.
- to convene mentors meeting for every month.
- to analyze the feedback submitted by each mentor.
- to redress the grievances of the mentors if any
- to rectify jointly with the mentor if there are grievances of students that cannot be redress by individual mentor.
- to submit the feedback report to IQAC.
- To determine outcomes of the mentoring system
- To review the mentoring mechanism if necessary.
OBJECTIVE OF MENTORING SYATEM
To make the students excel both in academic and non-academic fields by providing comprehensive support system and motivational counselling with commitment and trust.
ROLE/DUTIES OF MENTORS
- to monitor the academic, co-curricular and extra-curricular progress of the mentees
- to counsel the mentees on their personal and family matters
- to promote use of e-resources
- to give motivational counselling for skill enhancement, academic excellence, professionalism, career development and leadership
- to identify strength, weakness, opportunities, and challenges of the mentees
- to inform the parents on continuous absenteeism and miscievousness
- to maintain the records of the grievances of the students.
- to identify mentees who needs financial support.
- To establish good relationship between mentor and mentees
- to submit report for every month to the mentoring committee
- to expose the mentees to diverse academic and professional perspective
- to meet or communicate mentees through email at least once in a month.
- At the end of every academic years, mentors should submit a brief summary on the status of his/her mentoring group to the mentoring committee and the same should be submitted to NAAC by IQAC.
It is a powerful instrument to provide information, knowledge and services to the students to promote healthy academic atmosphere, cultivate good relationship between the teacher and students towards an achievement of vision and mission of the college.