STUDENTS CODE OF CONDUCT
Introduction: Moirang College has its own college rules & regulations and code of conduct for students. All students enrolled in the college are responsible to know the rules and regulations, students code of conducts, policies and procedures of the college. Each student should abide by and adhere to this code of conduct and must comply all the policies applicable inside the classrooms and inside the campus. All students are strictly bound by the college Rules and Regulations. Moirang college needs all the students a responsible and competent citizen. Therefore, all the students enrolled in the college are responsible for familiarizing themselves the students code of conduct, college policies and procedures. All such rules and regulations, code of conduct, policies and procedures should bring the college into the arena of achieving its vision and mission.
- Every student shall wear college uniform neat and clean along with proper identity card daily.
- The very spirit of co-education will be kept by the students both in campus and off campus, otherwise deemed to be unlawful and punishable.
- Students should stay away from anti-social elements/activities, like Political activities in any form are not permitted in the college campus. Unauthorized meetings, propaganda work, processions or fund collections within the campus, hostels are also strictly not permitted.
- Indiscipline like, Ragging, Antisocial actives in any form is a serious offence and it will be dealt severely.
- Visitors are not allowed to meet the students in the classrooms.
- In the events of seminar/conference, it is compulsory that all the students concerned be present for the entire session.
- Students should communicate properly with their mentor if mentor demand any information relating to the students.
- Students should enroll in N-List and use it at least 30 min. every day.
- Students are expected to maintain silence in the academic building to maintain decorum and any deviant behaviour such as hooting, whistling, loitering etc. will be treated as an instance of indiscipline.
- Keep the college campus clean, littering is not allowed.
- Consumption of intoxicants/ psychotropic substances in any form or smoking are strictly prohibited.
- It is strongly advised to refrain from activities such as scribbling, noting on walls, door or furniture which could deface the college and destroy the academic ambiance. And they are also not allowed/permitted to arrange any unauthorized celebrations, distribution /display banners (both physical and digital) and decorations of any magnitude in the campus.
- Students should know the facilities provided by the college for the welfare of the students and should participate academic and nonacademic programmes organized by the college authority.
- Students who intend to represent college in the intercollege events shall take prior permission from the head of the institution and his/her selection will based on the academic parameters and existing competence of the student in the proposed event for participation.
- For BA/BSc. 1st semester students, every students should present and participate the “Student’s Induction Programme” organized at the beginning of the semester classes.
- Students are expected to conduct and express themselves in a way that this is respectful to all individual.
Note: The College reserves the right to amend, supplement or modify this code of conduct at any time if needed.