MOIRANG COLLEGE, MOIRANG
Draft policy of Student’s Induction Programme
The purpose of the induction programme is to welcome and introduce the new students, inculcate in them the ethos and culture of Moirang College, engage them in their education through developing positive relationships, feeling comfortable and familiarized environment and exploring the vocational and other opportunities offered in our institute to create their personalized learning programme.
This Policy covers all activities which is to be done during induction for all new students. It is consistent with the commitments made in other policies of Moirang College. The policy is also in tune with vision and mission of our institute. This Policy is obliged to continuous quality improvement and will assess and receive feedback of its implementation.
The main features of induction will contain:
- Welcoming new students and express our thankfulness for their decision to study at Moirang College
- Introducing to our services and facilities, inculcating students code of conduct, giving information regarding student scholarship facility, residential services for girl’s, student’s grievances redressal procedure, NSS, NCC, legal aid clinic etc.
- Exploring, by organizing various beneficial activities; literary, cultural and extra-curricular.
- Mentoring, by designating a mentor coordinator and thereafter forming mentor group.
Responsibility for Induction
- Responsibility for the development of effective and meaningful processes of induction lies with the Mentor coordinator and Induction committee.
- Mentors, programme officers of NSS, ANO/CTO of NCC, In-charge faculty of Students grievances redressal cell and Student’s Union will be responsible for designing the content and structure of students’ induction progamme.
- Internal Quality Assurance Cell will be responsible for scheduling induction programme such that induction will not be disruptive to main teaching and learning activities.
- The induction committee will be responsible for ensuring that students are notified about their induction within the specified time, as well as contacting students who cannot attend or miss their inductions to make alternate arrangements.
- New students will be responsible for attending all induction events as directed by the induction committee.
Review and Update.
This policy will be reviewed and updated annually by the IQAC, changes to it will be reported to the Planning Board.