Introduction: The e-governance is defined as the use of information and communication technology to provide government services, information exchange, transactions, integration of previously existing services and information portals. The college will try to implement in all aspects of the functioning like, library, teaching, admissions, administrative etc.
Objectives: Some of the objectives for the implementation of e-governance in the functioning of the institution are as follows.
- To provide an efficient system of the governance within the institution
- To create a paperless environment in the college
- To promote transparency and accountability in all functions of the college
- To provide easy and quick access to information
- To make campus Wi-Fi enabled
- To make our classrooms having ICT enabled classroom
- To make a fully automated library through KOHA
- To make available to the students and faculties, national library information services infrastructure for scholarly content
- To provide students and teachers interacting platform of e-learning using LMS Moodle.
- To acquire and maintain a google workspace through google meet where all the online classes are recorded
Policy: The college decided to implement e-governance in the area of governance, students’ admission, examination, accounting and administration.
Website: The college website acts as an information center which will reflect about the college, all its activities, courses offered, important notices, latest news, and e-resources available. For this purpose, a web management committee consisting of three faculty members was formed who will look after the process of updating, maintaining and working on the website on a regular basis.
N-List. A teacher -in-charge is appointed for looking after the registration of teachers and students to avail the facilities and maintain the working.
LMS Moodle: Two teachers from the computer department are assigned to look after the problems regarding this e-learning process. They are responsible for the introduction to new students and to update the latest courses of the departments of the college.
Library: The library -in charge is responsible to systematized and digitized all the available books in the library and used software KOHA. Many books and e-books are likely to be added in the college library. The college subscribe journals and e-journals regularly.
Admission: Admission process is done through online process following guidelines of the Directorate of university and Higher Education, Government of Manipur.
Finance and accounting: Important financial transactions are done on the public management system. A computer teacher is engaged to use and manage the software.
Administration: Administrative office should use advanced excel and file management system tools to maintain effective database. Admin staff to be provided with adequate training to keep them abreast with new technology.
- The college should ensure that adequate number of desktops and laptops for students and staff.
- Computers and printers should be made available to the A- block.
- Projects should be provided to seminar rooms, classrooms and laboratories.
- Office automation packages for desktops and laptops lite open office, MS office and Anti-viruses to be purchased and updated regularly.